Successful Office Clear Out Using Skip Bins
If you are a business owner who is about to embark on an office clear out, you already know it will result in a mountain of waste. The goal is to dispose of as much waste as you can with your available bins. Then, you can send it off to a landfill. Unfortunately, it is not always as simple as that.
Office waste disposal is more convenient when you hire a skip bin. When you send your waste to landfills, you eliminate the opportunity to get the rubbish sorted and recycled whenever possible. It is why hiring skips is the best way to manage waste in Perth.
Why Hire a Skip Bin
When you hire a skip bin, you will enjoy several benefits, including:
- There is no need to rush – You can take your time when you have a skip bin. Normally, you can have the skips on-site for seven days. However, Backyard Bins offers flexible schedules, so you can change the pickup date when necessary. In this case, you have plenty of time to complete your clearing-out task. You can fill the skip bin to the brim so that you truly make the most out of it. You get as much waste and junk as you can and take them out of your property. Select the right date and time when the skips will be delivered. Then provide when they should be collected. You can leisurely fill it up at your own pace.
- Put all the waste in – Since you can take your time in filling up the bins, you do not have to worry about missing some items. As a business owner, you know how significant it is to ensure that the property is clean and waste-free.
- Get the skip bins on time – When the date and time have been arranged, you can bet that the skip bins will arrive at the specified timeframe. If there is any delay, you will be informed right away. Any business owner knows that time is of the essence. If you have a last-minute cleaning responsibility to accomplish, you should take it seriously. After all, it can be to impress a guest or potential client. Office clearing may also be for auditing your warehouse.
- Waste is sorted efficiently – Throwing away your waste does not sound complicated at all. However, you can already bet that the rubbish will be disposed of inappropriately without following certain rules. When you use skip bins, waste will be sorted correctly. Each material will be placed in the correct bin. For instance, if you hire a skip to dispose of recyclables, including wood and plastic, you know they will be grouped accordingly. This method is a great way to reduce the waste that goes to landfills.
- Run an environmentally-conscious business – Since skips allow recycling of waste, hiring them presents an opportunity to go green. You help the environment in your way, especially because waste sorting is combined with recycling. You do not want to contribute to improper waste disposal in Australia. Instead, you want to help out the country in removing waste correctly, which in turn helps to lessen the environmental impact.
Without a doubt, hiring a skip bin service is convenient. The whole method of eliminating rubbish is easy, simple, and quick. The hassle-free method is preferred by businesses, especially because waste management is crucial these days. It gives your office a good reputation since you do your part in helping the environment while keeping your office waste-free.
Clear Out Your Office With the Help of Skip Bins
With the benefits out of the way, you may be wondering how the process goes. There are plenty of things to know about, especially because there are certain rules that you need to follow. For instance, you cannot just throw anything into the bin that you have hired. There are restrictions when it comes to the materials that you can place in them.
You must know which bin type is right for your needs before you hire one. A few factors determine how you should choose the skip bin to hire. These factors include the following:
- The Size of Your Office – Naturally, the bigger your office, the more waste it contains. Often, the size of the skip bin to hire is dependent on the size of the office you are running. If you currently have a big company, you surely deal with a lot of clutter from not only paperwork but furniture and other office items that you need to get rid of. Most of the time, renovations have the most waste. It is not always easy to clear out your office after a major renovation unless you have a skip bin. For large offices, they tend to hire more than one skip, while others simply go for the biggest choice. Ultimately, it is up to you. If you have a huge extra space available, you can hire two or even more skips. You can, however, save on space if you opt for the largest skip bin, which is about 10-cubic metre in size. This bin is humongous with the following measurements:
- Width: 1.53 metres
- Height: 1.8 metres
- Length: 3.9 metres
The smallest size is two cubic metres, measuring 1.6 metres in width, 0.9 metres in height, and 1.8 metres in length. This bin size is not recommended for office clear-outs unless you have smaller items to throw away, including papers and a few plastics.
Some small businesses go for smaller options because they wish to save. If you do not need a huge container for your waste, you do not have to go for the biggest skip there is. Remember that as the skip bin gets larger, so does the cost.
- What You Can Put in the Bin – There are two main types of skip bins that you can hire when you call Backyard Bins. You have the following options:
- General Light Waste – For this skip bin, you place anything that is classified under household junk. Therefore, you can add furniture, timber, and even metals. Of course, you can put plastics, paper, cardboard, and the like. White goods are also permitted, along with other types of common waste. It is worth mentioning that you can put green waste in the bins. However, tree stumps are not allowed. Other types of office waste, including chairs, desks, and even electronic gadgets are accepted. A general light waste skip bin starts at $165 for a two-cubic metre bin.
- Mixed Waste – If you choose general light waste, you cannot put certain junk in the skip bins that you normally would produce after a renovation. It is why mixed waste is here to cater to your waste disposal needs. In this type of skip bin, you can put all general light waste materials, including all the ones mentioned above. Also, you are not allowed to put tree stumps. However, the difference is that you can place building materials, including bricks, tiles, rubble, synthetic grass, and soil. While concrete will be accepted, note that if it can cost you more if it is oversized. Pay as low as $190 for a two-cubic metre mixed waste skip bin.
Both mixed and general light waste skip bins have a hire period of five to seven days. However, you can always extend the number of days to keep the bins in your property without any additional charges. Make sure though that you inform the management.
- What You Cannot Put in the Bin – It is mentioned above that any client cannot put tree stumps on both mixed are general light waste bins. If you choose general light waste, you cannot place soil, pebbles, brick, tiles, turf, and sand. However, if you know that you will have any of the mentioned materials while you clear out your office, you can use mixed waste skip bins instead. Mixed and general light waste bins should not contain either car tyres or asbestos. If you need to dispose of asbestos, you can hire a skip bin that is specifically designed for this purpose. You must understand that hiring an asbestos skip bin means you cannot put anything else other than asbestos itself. Both main types of bins cannot contain batteries, hazardous liquids, solvents, and oils.Aside from this rule, you should also abide by the disposal method. To get rid of asbestos from your property, you should first wrap it using plastic that is at least 20 um thick. Apart from this particular guideline, you should only pack up to seven sheets of asbestos. It is also required that you securely tape it. This way, it will remain packed even when it is tipped.Backyard Bins also does not allow the disposal of car batteries and placing them on the bins. However, if you need to get rid of car batteries, you only need to place them next to the bin. Then, we will take care of it for you.
The good news is that you do not need to memorise all these pieces of information. You can get the necessary details in disposing waste from your office by simply contacting Backyard Bins on the phone. Talk to one of the owners to find out which type of bin to go for, along with other relevant details.
Backyard Bins Team
“ [rcblock id="2165"]”