When hiring any service, one important consideration is its cost-effectiveness. Is it worth the money, or should you look for another option? Many homeowners think about this when deciding between skip bins and rubbish removal services. So, which one should you choose to remove waste from your property? Let’s investigate.
Skip Bin Service and Its Pros and Cons
Skip bins are a budget-friendly option for managing waste. You hire a skip by choosing the size, and it will be delivered right to your doorstep. You can then dispose of waste, including metals, white goods, cardboard, and timber. It’s the perfect solution when you’re renovating your home.
If you’re fixing up your garden where you have rubble and tiles, among other rubbish, a skip bin is also an excellent choice. Make sure to specify the type of waste you plan to eliminate when hiring a skip to avoid any issues.
But why would you opt for a skip bin if there are other waste management solutions, such as a rubbish removal service? Here are some pros that may convince you:
- Versatility: As mentioned above, there’s a wide variety of skips, from general to mixed and medium to enormous. Some people require a 10 cubic metre skip for their construction rubbish whilst others only need a two cubic metre bin for their small old appliances.
- Time Saver: You do not need a manual to use a skip bin. Once you have filled the skip, you can have it taken from your property. It’s straightforward and saves a lot of time for other tasks. This is why many homeowners, especially those in the process of moving.
- Eco-Friendliness: Skip bin services are eco-friendly compared to other means of waste disposal. Instead of DIY options that can harm the environment, such as burning, you can be sure that waste will be taken care of properly.
- Legality: Aside from leaving the bin on the kerb, there are only a few rules to remember when dealing with a skip bin service. Furthermore, the provider can provide instructions so you meet regulations that may apply to your situation.
- Safety: Avoid health hazards by placing rubbish in a proper container. Instead of using your garden or shed as waste storage, you can put glass, metal, and furniture out of the way to prevent accidents.
Skip bin hire may not be for you, however. Take a look at the following cons to understand if you should hire a skip for your next clean-up project:
- Transport Challenges: Skips have an open top, so you can easily see where the difficulty lies. Once full, moving it from your yard to the landfill can be challenging. Thankfully, you do not have to concern yourself with this issue. Make sure you hire an experienced skip bin provider like Backyard Bins that prioritises ensuring waste stays in the bin during transit, even when it is packed to the brim. Read this blog for advice on how to avoid overloading your skip.
- Space Restrictions: Skip bins are not tiny and therefore require enough yard space. Many apartment dwellers need help determining where to place the container. That’s difficult when you’re demolishing or stripping out a structure where you often deal with heavy items like sinks, bathtubs, and toilets. Carrying them to where the skip is located can be exhausting and time-consuming.
- Extra Effort: Even if you do not have space constraints, you still have to walk to and from the static skip, usually placed outside the house. The time it takes to go to and from the skip can be enough for some homeowners to look for an alternative.
Rubbish Removal Service and Its Pros and Cons
Speaking of an alternative to skip bins, rubbish removal is easily one of the top contenders. The service often involves a team arriving at your place to gather your rubbish. Before hiring a rubbish removal service, make sure you know the type of waste they can collect. For example, some will gladly take a broken fridge, construction rubble and tiles, and old sofas but will not accept car batteries and asbestos.
Why would you want to hire a rubbish-removing team? Let’s take a look at the pros:
- Convenience: Do you want to avoid handling rubbish? A team of professionals will go directly to your house to remove waste. If you’re in for less manual work, this option is definitely for you.
- Recycling Possibility: The team collecting your rubbish will know what to do. Usually, when there’s an opportunity to recycle, they will do just that instead of disposing of waste in landfills.
- No Containers: A rubbish removal service is more suitable if you have limited space to accommodate a skip bin.
- Stress-Free: The rubbish remover will do most of the work for you. In some cases where the waste is big, heavy, and plenty, the pros will take care of everything using the right equipment to do the job quickly and efficiently.
- Safety: Professionals will deal with the waste produced, so you don’t have to. This reduces the risk of accidents and injuries.
Rubbish removal is not ideal for certain situations. Here are some cons that you may want to know about:
- Cost: When juxtaposed with skip bins, rubbish removal is indeed expensive. Some companies even charge you per item taken from your company, especially the heavier ones. Make sure you enquire about the price first before you hire.
- Unsuitability: Some projects, such as those involving green waste, may not be suitable for a rubbish pick-up service.
Set Time: When booking, you must note when you schedule the service as it requires a fixed time to remove rubbish from your property.
- Appointment Window: This depends on the business you’re dealing with, but many will only offer a two-hour arrival window. Sometimes, you may need more time to prepare your rubbish for collection. Given that companies generally have several appointments daily, they may arrive at different times, which can also be a problem if you require waste collection immediately.
What to Consider between Choosing Skip Bins vs Rubbish Removal
With the pros and cons of both skip bins and rubbish removal outlined above, how do you know which is the better option for you? It all depends on your requirements. Here are some questions to answer to determine which to choose:
- What is your budget? Remember that rubbish removal is typically more expensive than a skip. Some will charge you per object or volume and consider the items based on their weight, size, and potential hazard.
- How much work are you willing to do? If you’re fine with handling waste and placing it in the bin yourself, a skip-hire service may be a cost-effective option. Meanwhile, if you mind the extra work in dealing with rubbish, it may be better to let the pros do the job.
- How much space do you have to spare? Skips can be tricky, especially for rental properties or homes with inadequate space.
- What are the types of rubbish you want to dispose of? Enquire what you can and cannot place inside the bin first. If you opt for a rubbish removal service, inform the company about the rubbish generated.
Skip Bins vs Rubbish Removal: Which Option is Better?
If the budget is tight, choose a skip bin hire over a rubbish removal service, provided that you’re willing to do some work yourself. Remember that it is a DIY route where you have to collect and segregate the waste, ensuring everything is in order once the team is ready to pick up the bin.
On the other hand, if you do not mind paying more, rubbish removal may be a better option. There’s typically no heavy lifting involved, including separating specific materials and placing them in one container.
Do You Need a Skip or a Rubbish Removal Service?
Whichever you opt for, Backyard Bins is here for you. We deal with various types of waste, including light and assorted junk, such as metals, furniture, glass, paper, and other everyday rubbish from homes. We also have skip bins for different waste types, such as rubble, concrete, brick, and turf. Unlike other companies we accept car tyres, and batteries for our rubbish service removal.
Boasting excellent customer support, an environment-friendly approach, and flexible hire periods, there’s no better choice than Backyard Bins. Rent a skip from us or hire us for rubbish removal and see the difference. Contact us today!
Backyard Bins Team
“ [rcblock id="2165"]”